Windsor Academy Trust’s strapline is ‘Pride in Excellence’. Our aim is to strive for excellence in all we do in order to achieve excellence for the children we serve. We want all in the WAT family to feel proud to be part of a very special and unique movement.
Our moral purpose is ‘unlocking the academic and personal potential’ of our children. We want our children to know how to learn, have a love of learning and to achieve the academic outcomes that will open the door for them to go onto a university or career of their choice. We place equal emphasis on unlocking children's personal potential whereby children have the opportunity to discover their passions and talents, develop as leaders and develop a positive character.
Our five plinths are drivers in unlocking childrens’ academic and personal potential:
- Teaching and Learning – our aim is to ‘enthuse, inspire, engage, every lesson, every day’ through our ten Teaching and Learning Principles driven through robust practitioner research.
- Professional Development – for all staff we are ‘building leadership, teaching and support staff capacity for in-school and school-to-school support’
- Leadership – where we expect all children to be leaders of themselves and support the learning and personal potential of others. We expect children to be leaders ‘always in all ways’.
- Enterprise – here we are ‘building an enterprising spirit and supporting children to discover and achieve their career dreams’.
- Enrichment – that ‘provides exciting opportunities for children to pursue their passions, broaden their horizons and raise their aspirations’.
A lion (the WAT Logo), illustrated in the diagram above represents each child on top of a podium and therefore achieving their academic and personal potential. The podium is underpinned by our values of respect, responsibility, collaboration and cooperation and strong Trust wide systems and structures.