The Lunchtime Supervisor, under the direction and instruction of Senior Leaders will work as part of a team to provide safe supervision and welfare needs of students during the lunchtime period at Windsor High School and Sixth Form in line with the vision and values of Windsor Academy Trust.
Reporting to: Headteacher, Senior Lunchtime Supervisor
Responsible for: None
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise activities and maintain health, safety, welfare, good conduct and safeguarding of students during the lunchtime period, having regard to additional needs
- To promote and positively endorse good behaviour, polite table manners, social skills and hygiene
- Assist in the preparation and tidying up of supervised areas, including cleaning up spillages of food or liquid during meal service and wiping down table and cleaning dining areas between meals
- Refer matters to senior lunchtime staff and support where necessary
- To treat students in a fair, patient and firm manner following academy policy
- Assist in the supervision of other activities during the lunchtime period, including setting out and storing equipment
- Deal with, and report, incidents of disruptive behaviour in line with the academy’s policy
- Encourage students to select and eat healthy balanced meals
- To act accordingly when advice or assistance is needed to meet student’s needs.
- Administer basic first aid, recording and reporting details in line with school procedures as required
- Undertake similar work at other times, such as before and after school
- Contribute to the overall ethos/aims of the academy
- Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
- The post holder is required to be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, equal opportunities, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- The post holder has a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults during the course of their work. This post requires the post holder to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
- Please note that this is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the work to be undertaken. It is not a comprehensive list of all tasks that the post holder will carry out.
- The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post.
- This job description may be amended at any time in consultation with the post holder.